Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Whats Cooking Wednesday

When I was a little boy, I wanted to be a chef and more than once a day I would tell my mom or dad "when I have my restaurant..." And then go on to say something you'd expect a little kid to say, like I said that I'd separate the African Americans from the Caucasians, In my child mind I thought I was helping maintain peace between people and my parents always laughed whenever I said that and now I know why...

Because I was being racist myself!!!

But for some reason I felt that God wasn't calling me to be a cook so I left that idea and decided to become a missionary. Then my mom told me not to give up my talent and what I really wanted to do with my life but to compromise and use what God has given you and use it for His glory. And then I decided to take my cooking abilities and use them as a way to reach the unsaved and utilize it with my God given mission and have a food based mission cause.

So you can tell that cooking plays an important part in my life, I was told that a lot of people ate tater tot hot dish in my childhood town Fairmont, Minnesota and I just can't get enough of it

Copyright © 2013 The FOURnet Information Network. All rights reserved.Copyright © 2013 The FOURnet Information Network. All rights reserved.


  1. Cook beef and onion in 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat until beef is well browned, stirring to break up meat. Pour off fat.
  2. Stir soup, ketchup and Worcestershire into skillet. Spoon beef mixture into 12x8-inch shallow baking dish. Arrange potatoes around edge of casserole.
  3. Bake at 425 degrees F for 25 minutes or until potatoes are done.










Its super easy and the end result is delicious!


The Bennett pantry is loaded with our favorite recipes and such. 

Come back tomorrow were we'll be serving up another semi entertaining tail about my family, my life and my world

Blessings, Jethro



No comments:

Post a Comment